Patient in good health state was referred to us due to prior history of right flank pain due to kidney stones. There were no biliary symptoms.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Multiseptate gallbladder with multiple thin septations in the gallbladder without stones or signs of a cholecystitis
Multiseptated gallbladder is a rare congenital malformation in which the gallbladder is divided into multiple intercommunicating compartments by thin septa. The septa may be complete or incomplete and are likely secondary to incomplete vacuolization of the gallbladder bud.
Associated anomalies of the biliary ducts have been reported: choledochal cysts, gallbladder ectopy and anomalous junction of biliary and pancreatic ducts.
This malformation may be asymptomatic as in this case, but the coexistence of biliary symptoms and multiseptated gallbladder has been established, such as biliary pain like in cholecystitis.
- Garrigós EG, Romero IH, Burgueño FJ. Solution to case 10. Multiseptate gallbladder. Radiologia. 2009;51(5):532-3.
- Lev-Toaff AS, Friedman AC, Rindsberg SN, Caroline DF, Maurer AH, Radecki PD. Multiseptate gallbladder: incidental diagnosis on sonography. AJR. 1987;148:1119-1120.
- Wataru M, Kyutaro T, Yoko K, Kazuko M, Kazuhisa K, Tessyu T, Hiroaki T, Masaaki K. Multiseptate Gallbladder with Cholelithiasis Diagnosed Incidentally in an Elderly Patient. Internal Med. 2000;39(12):1054-1059.
- Geremia P, Tomà P, Martinoli C, Camerini G, Derchi LE. Multiseptate gallbladder: Clinical and ultrasonographic follow-up for 12 years. J Pediatr Surg. 2013;48(2):e25-8.
- Herliczek TW. Multiseptate gallbladder. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2011;30(6):286.