Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Frank Gaillard had no recorded disclosures.View Frank Gaillard's current disclosures
Note: This case has been tagged as "legacy" as it no longer meets image preparation and/or other case publication guidelines.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
An ovoid irregular signal-intensity intradural mass below the conus demonstrates heterogeneous enhancement.
The most likely diagnosis is a myxopapillary ependymoma with a differential diagnosis of a schwannoma or a paraganglioma.
The patient went on to have a resection.
The specimen is received in one container labeled with the patient's name and “intradural tumor”. It consists of fragments of membranous tissue with attached pink tan tissue fragments aggregating to 4.5 x 3 x 1 cm.
Sections show the specimen to consists of an ependymal tumor showing areas of perivascular pseudorosette formation, perivascular aggregates if mucin, areas of recent hemorrhage, prominent vasculature, and areas of hyaline degeneration.
4 articles feature images from this case
36 public playlists include this case
- CNS pninal tumors by Ali Labeeb Alwan
- Spinal tumors by Dr. Nehar Ranjan Chakraborty ◉
- JY Spinal Cord by Juliana K. Yee
- 3rd PRACTICE VIVA CNS/HN 20 CASES WAYIN by Peter Playford Eriksen ◉
- MC Spine by Marianne Cossens
- CNS & SPINE 101 by Sherif Maccar ◉
- 2b CNS/spine by Ali Labeeb Alwan
- spine by shalabi
- CNS by Dr Ali Basim
- UQ Med Yr 1 Neuro: Spine by Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- C5 by Salman
- Intradural spinal tumours by Kamal Hapuarachchi
- Spine by Sophie Winkler
- Tony Chen septermber 3 by Tony Chen
- A 2021 long by Abdullah Hajar
- VGHTC10501 by shaun hsiao
- Spine by Dr Ali Basim
- Neuro - Adult Clinical Conditions - Spine by Charlie Handley
- spinal tumor by Do Dang Tan
- spine and vertebra pathologies by Sharbell Hashoul
- sgnol by Vish
- ABM Quiz by Dr Ali Basim
- MK5 by [email protected]
- Spine by Davina Bates
- 6/7 by Andrew Csillag
- nezar spine cases by nezar shlaka
- MSK tutorial by Deirdre Graham
- Spinal cord by Naqibullah Foladi
- FRCR misc by Eman Mansour
- Columna by Pablo Olivares
- SPINE by ebrahim
- BRAIN - Random Cases by Mário Mendonça
- spine 1 by nezar shlaka
- ISODOPE - SPINE by Hannah Woodford
- sgnol by Vish
- spine 2B by Hannah Morley ◉