Navicular avascular necrosis (Köhler disease)
5 year old African male presented with pain at both feet for a few months, denied any preceding trauma to the foot. Mild tenderness over anteromedial aspect of both feet, No increased warmth, or swelling. ROM both ankle joints were normal. Walking with a painful gait, with weight bearing over lateral aspect of both feet.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
The navicular bone appear wafer-like (thinned) and fragmented, and also demonstrates patchy sclerosis.
The findings are compatible with avascular necrosis of navicular bone which is also called Köhler disease.
- A. Köhler. Über eine häufige, bisher anscheinend unbekannte Erkrankung einzelner kindlicher Knochen. Münchener medizinische Wochenschrift. 1908, 55: 1923-1925.
- Stanton BK, Karlin JM, Scurran BL. Köhler's disease. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 1992;82 (12): 625-9. - Pubmed citation
1 article features images from this case
23 public playlist include this case
- GK - Paeds - MSK- Focal anomalies by GLK
- MEDS2144 Vascular disorders by Dr Tom Molyneux ◉
- Kohler by Pavel Zhelnov
- idris viva 1 by Priyank S Chatra
- msk recalls 2 by Deirdre Graham
- GD: Paediatrics - MSK - Miscellaneous by Dr Gurjeet Dulku
- Casos Dr Helio by Arthur de Freitas Ferreira
- MSK lower limb by Dr Richard Pow ◉
- GK - MSK - Focal bone lesions by GLK
- MSK - Beginner by Dr Thomas M. Anderson ◉
- Tony Chen July 2015 by Dr Tony Chen
- MSK Cases by Jayraj Singh Bhatti
- Final Slide Exam Study by Danielle
- Paed - Clinical Conditions - MSK by Dr Charlie Handley
- patho osseuse by Genevieve
- Paeds MSK non tumou by Dr Christopher Lee
- WDHB - MSK by Pieter Wood
- Bone Infections Mod 7 by Jonathan Oosterhof
- MSK (part 1) by Taimur
- week 4 by Ravi
- MSK - random by Dr Numan Kutaiba ◉ ◈
- CMCC Mod 7 2020/21 by Dr. Ali Smith
- GK - MSK - Ankle & foot by GLK