Neural tube defect in monochorionic diamniotic twin pregnancy
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Alexandra Stanislavsky had no recorded disclosures.View Alexandra Stanislavsky's current disclosures
Second trimester morphology ultrasound
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Gestation: 18w1d, MCDA pregnancy.
TWIN 1 (maternal right, cephalic presentation): Biometry normal for gestational age. Normal fetal anatomy. DVP: 4.8 cm
TWIN 2 (left side breech presentation): Biometry normal for gestational age.
The following abnormalities are demonstrated:
- Mild ventriculomegaly with lateral ventricles measuring 11 mm on both sides. CSP and corpus callosum not identified, possibly due to the early gestation and ventriculomegaly.
- The cerebellum is displaced posteriorly consistent with Chiari type 2 malformation.
- There is a neural tube defect extending from L4/L5 down through the sacral spine. The conus appears to extend into the defect.
- Bilateral talipes
Deepest pool: 3.8 cm
Placenta: Posterior, not low lying. Twin 1 centric cord insertion; twin 2 velamentous cord insertion. The cervix is long and closed.
MCDA pregnancy with twin 2 demonstrating typical antenatal features of a neural tube defect - including a lemon-shaped head, posteriorly displaced "banana" cerebellum, ventriculomegaly and a lumbar myelomeningocele.
17 public playlists include this case
- Dx certain by Pavel Zhelnov
- 2014.03 March e-Film reporting by Daniel Nour
- FRANZCR 06A OB&GYN by AMIRSALEH JAFARI
- OB case files by melessa cizik
- Obstetrics by Minh Xuan Truong ◉
- P2 - Womens by Sachi Hapugoda ◉
- eFilm practice 11 SP by Sophie Parker ◉
- O&G VIVA by Michael Le ◉
- Og by Kevin Sheng
- Practice by F L
- Ultimate obstetrics by Khalid Alsahli
- Viva Practice 5 Oct by Z Khan
- ultrasound by amir akbarzade akbarzade
- BC O&G VIVA by Bridgid
- OnG Exam Cases 1 by Amit Chakraborty
- Fetal CNS tute by Alexandra Stanislavsky ◉
- gyne-new by Jyoti Panwar