Normal cervical spine radiographs with swimmer's view
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Murphy A, Normal cervical spine radiographs with swimmer's view. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 29 Mar 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-48418
At the time the case was submitted for publication Andrew Murphy had no recorded disclosures.View Andrew Murphy's current disclosures
6 Oct 2016
15 times, by 4 contributors - see full revision history and disclosures
Neck pain post motor vehicle accident.
Age: 45 years
From the case: Normal cervical spine radiographs with swimmer's view
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
No fracture or dislocation
The anterior, middle and posterior columns have a normal alignment.
Normal odontoid peg and atlanto-axial space.
The Swimmers view of the upper thoracic spine appears normal.
Normal cervical spine radiographs including a normal Swimmer's view and PEG view.
The Swimmer's view is performed when the C7/T1 junction is inadequately imaged on the standard lateral cervical radiograph.
4 articles feature images from this case
21 public playlists include this case
- Anatomie normale by Minh Man Tony Ha
- Exam III ATI by Sarah Lowenberg
- OCQ 2017 by Julie-Marthe Grenier ◉
- MSK - Spine trauma by Mohamed Abdel-Tawab Mohamed
- Normal Spine Exams - Review for APP by Shawn
- Normal radiographs by Leonardo Lustosa ◉
- CS-DS-LSS X-Ray by Ahmed Mohamed Mohamed Eid Ali
- Cervical spine TI by Jin XU
- Basic ER by Taimur
- Normal Radiographs by Osamah A. A. Alwalid
- Normals by Jennifer Jones
- Wilhelm by Jeffrey Fillingim
- UQ anatomy presentation - Normal Anatomy by Lachlan Inch
- Normal and Variant Anatomy by James Clark ◉
- Rapids: Set 7 by Ian Bickle ◉
- RAL-1001 by Julie-Marthe Grenier ◉
- Cervical by Antony Massicotte
- Normal Imaging Examples by Ashlee Kates-Ascioti
- normality by Nicolas Roy ROY
- UQ Radiology 'how to' series: Spine: Cervical by Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- A&E XR Cases 2 - Practice for Plain Film Exam by Jordan Colman