Normal MAG 3
Citation, DOI & case data
Ultrasound appearances suggested a obstructed left kidney, thought to represent a PUJ obstruction.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Symmetrical uptake and excretion of radioisotope from both kidneys.
The relative uptake curves of both kidneys are identical and normal in appearance, with a rapid uptake followed by gradual excretion over 10 minutes.
Tc-99m MAG3 (mercaptoacetyltriglycine) is one of the technetium radiopharmaceuticals used in renal imaging. It largely taken up by tubular secretion. It has a strong role in assessing the function of kidneys and in the assessment of an obstructed kidney.
DMSA is the main competiter radio-isotope renal imaging study, have a large role in the pediatric popuation.
This demonstrates a normal study (for reference) with identical uptake,excretion and curves.
1 article features images from this case
9 public playlists include this case
- NUCLEAR MEDICINE by Dr Dr Angel Mthalane
- Nuclear Medicine - Genitourinary by Dr Justin G Peacock ◉
- GU Anatomy for FRCR1 by Dr Dominic Kite
- Uro teaching 7-4-2022 by Salman Atiq Siddiqui
- WART ONLINE TEACHING_NUC MED by Nathalie Falkner
- NUCLEAR by R A A
- General Nuclear Medicine Basics by Dr Justin G Peacock ◉
- Pediatric Urology by Kobiljon
- Radiology test (2d year) by Vasilii