Normal V/Q scan
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Hacking C, Normal V/Q scan. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 27 May 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-41856
At the time the case was submitted for publication Craig Hacking had no recorded disclosures.View Craig Hacking's current disclosures
23 Dec 2015
11 times, by 1 contributor - see full revision history and disclosures
Left sided pleuritic chest pain. Normal ECG and chest X-ray. D-dimer positive. On oral contraceptive pill.
Age: 25 years
From the case: Normal V/Q scan
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
SPECT ventilation and perfusion scans of the lungs were performed.
Matching bilateral fissural artifacts are present.
No mismatched perfusion defects are detected.
Negative for pulmonary embolism.
Example of a normal V/Q scan.
7 public playlists include this case
- Nuclear by Eman Mansour
- nuclear medicine by Manish Chug
- UQ Radiology video tutorial: Chest: Pulmonary embolism by Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- UCD Medical Students 2018 by Danielle Byrne
- General Nuclear Medicine Basics by Justin G Peacock ◉
- Nuclear medicine by Nitin Juggath
- Normal and Variant Anatomy by James Clark ◉