Occipital plagiocephaly - unilateral
Abnormal shape of the head.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Trapezoid shape of the head is noted.
Atrophic changes are noted in bilateral fronto-temporal lobes.
- the head is parallelogram shaped when viewed from above
- the ipsilateral ear is displaced anteriorly
- no bony ridge is seen over lambdoid suture
- unilateral occipitoparietal flattening is usually seen though it can be bilateral
- when viewed posteriorly the skull base is horizontal and no occipitomastoid bulge can be seen
- the head is trapezoid shaped when viewed from above
- the ipsilateral ear is displaced posteriorly and inferiorly
- the bony ridge is palpable over the closed lambdoid suture
- unilateral occipitoparietal flattening is seen posteriorly
- when viewed posteriorly there is an ipsilateral occipitomastoid bulge and the skull base appears tilted