Osteitis condensans ilii - in a male patient
Citation, DOI and case data
Patient came with lower back pain. Advised a X-ray of the lumbar spine.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Sclerosis noted at the ilial aspect of the bilateral sacroiliac joints.
Lumbar spine appears normal.
The other opacities on the x-ray are artifacts
2 case question available
Osteitis condensans illi , known to occur in multiparous females due to stress across SI joints however the condition is by no means restricted to multiparous females 1.
There are few cases documented in men as well. Here is another one.
1 article features images from this case
24 public playlist include this case
- Musculoskeletal Quiz 1 by Dr Tom Molyneux
- RAL-1005 D by Dr Julie-Marthe Grenier ◉
- MSK VIVA by Eman Mansour
- Bone and Joint exam 2 by Janet Austin
- MSK by Dr Naqibullah Foladi
- FRCR 2B Practice Case by Yiaw Yeong Huei
- MSK - Arthridities by Dr anthony trimboli ◉
- Casos MSK by Eduardo Siña
- DI 3203 Mod 9 Exam by Stephanie Vojvodin
- Viva 3 by F H
- Tony Chen November by Dr Tony Chen
- Mod 9 Rad Arthritities by Morgan Belleau
- Tony's quiz May 2015 by Dr Tony Chen
- CMCC Review by Jonathan Oosterhof
- CLSC6104: Week Nine, Inflammatory Arthropathies by Ashlee Kates-Ascioti
- Artrit by E
- Msk by Dr Feras Salhi
- Musculoscelettal by Dr. Mareike Wittmann
- DJ YazzieYeff Q8 ex1 by Joshua Evans
- BP II - Arthritis by Kenneth
- Mod 9 by Jonathan Oosterhof
- MSK by Emin
- Arthritis by Andrew Seppala
- IV Review by Daniel DeLucchi