Osteomyelitis - femur
Right thigh swelling, pain and discharge.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
- Bone marrow edema in the right femoral diaphysis and distal metaphysis
- Multiple intra-medullary collections (Brodie's abscess)
- Multiple cloaca along the distal diaphysis
- Cortical destructive changes in the right femur
- Soft tissue inflammatory changes in the middle and distal parts of right thigh
MRI has advantages in detection of osteomyelitis and its complication such as intra-medullary abscess formation, soft tissue and epiphyseal involvement.
Bone marrow edema, intra medullary abscess formation, soft tissue inflammation, cloaca formation and cortical destructive changes are characteristic for osteomyelitis.