Ovarian dermoid cyst
Citation, DOI & case data
Right iliac fossa pain for 1 week. bHCG negative.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
The uterus is midline and anteverted. The endometrial cavity has an accurate appearance. No focal lesions identified. The right ovary is normal, containing follicles. The left ovary could not be identified. There is a left adnexal mass that measures 8.9 x 5.6 x 9.5 cm and extends to the midline. It contains layering hypoechoic fluid with internal debris dependently and homogenous echogenic material superiorly suggesting fat. There is no altered vascularity demonstrated.
No free fluid. The kidneys are normal.
Left ovarian mass with features consistent with a dermoid cyst.
Contains tissue from all 3 germ cell layers hence have all kinds of tissue - fat, hair, skin, teeth, cartilage, etc
- malignant degeneration - rare
21 public playlists include this case
- exam list by M. M Jaber
- Fertility Assessment US by Stephen Sinnott
- O and G by Sam Conyngham
- Gynae by Allister Howie
- O&G by Gajan Surendra
- Mature ovarian teratoma by Sally Ayesa ◉
- ovaries by Reid Schofield
- RBWH hot seat gynae by Annah Lane
- kejsy #1 (part 14) by Lech Gradziński
- 4b_021 Fertility Assessment US by RAB Four
- OG mammo by Paul Bui
- Cases for review pre exam by Lawrence Oh
- UQ Radiology video tutorial: Womens: Ovarian cancer by Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- Gynaecology US by Michael Le ◉
- Obs Gyn 1 by Andrew
- O & G by Davina Bates
- Gynae Viva Ultrasound 3 by Babawale S. Niyi
- Ovarian Lesions by Emmy de Heer
- O&G - test- Dearg by Orla Dunlea ◈
- O&G 3 by Sindhura Nirmalarajan ◉
- Obs/Gyn 4 by Mayooran Kandasamy