Paget disease of the femur
Citation, DOI and case data
Increasing difficulty walking. No trauma or pain. No previous imaging.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Coarse trabeculations and expanded femoral head.
Thickened, irregular femoral shaft cortex with several stress fractures.
Distal femur is normal in appearance.
3 case question available
This patient has presented with Paget disease of the left femur.
This condition typically affects the pelvis, spine and skull, but can affect proximal long bones.
Given the evidence of stress fractures, orthopedic review was arranged and this case was managed conservatively.
1 article features images from this case
28 public playlist include this case
- MSK (part 1) by Taimur
- Bone Infections Mod 7 by Jonathan Oosterhof
- FVRH FY2 by Dr Derek Smith ◉
- Extremity radiographs by Dr Pallavi Kamat
- 2b prep 2021 by CK Lim
- músculo-esquelético by Paulo Roberto Wille
- PROVA MUSCULO by PEDRO MORGAN LOUREIRO MIGUELOTE
- ER (part 1) by Taimur
- kejsy 6 by Lech Gradziński
- mnemo by Dr Avni K P Skandhan ◉
- MSK by Stephanie Secker
- GU CASES by Eman Mansour
- MSK day by Aaron Ray
- MSK VIVA by Eman Mansour
- MSK cases by Saima Batool ◉
- CMCC Review by Jonathan Oosterhof
- Interesting by ahmed alaa al-agamy
- Bone tumors by E
- MSK by Jorge Tirado
- Cxr by Dr Pallavi Kamat
- knochentumor by Ulrike Bartosch
- FRCR VIVA-Multisystem by Harshitha Shanbhag
- Metabolic bone disease by Allister Howie
- YJL 2B MSK by YJ Lee
- MSK by Zachary Merritt
- MSK by Dr Naqibullah Foladi
- Artropatias, enfermedades sistemicas infecciosas y metabólicas by Velimir Skoknic Binder
- 2019-20 EM trauma by Dr Derek Smith ◉