Patellar tendon rupture - complete
Citation, DOI and case data
Diabetic and haemodialysis patient. Missed step at home. Knee injury - unable to walk.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Complete tear of the patella tendon, which is retracted forming a 'ball'of tissue distal to the inferior pole of the patella.
Patella alta. Joint effusion.
Small amount of high signal in the quadriceps tendon close to the patella insertion, but no frank tear.
Patellar tendon rupture - this was clinically apparent. The MRI served as a luxury and excluded associated injuries.
Aside from trauma, diabetes and haemodialysis are both independent risk factors for a patella tendon injury.
Surgery was performed confirming the MRI findings.
1 article features images from this case
13 public playlist include this case
- MSK by Dr Michael Le ◉
- MSK - Clinical Conditions - Knee by Dr Charlie Handley
- FRANZCR 04 MSK by Dr. AMIRSALEH JAFARI
- JOELHO by Bruno Torres
- GD: MSK - MR by Dr Gurjeet Dulku
- MSK Knee by Dr. Kwadwo Antwi
- Joelho by Dr Mauricio Macagnan
- MSK by Alex Feeney
- MSK - Lower Limb by Joel Lim
- Interesting Cases by Dr Raj Sohawon
- FCPS MSK by Dr. Khush Bakht
- viva 2 by Heba
- Orthopaedics - RIPAS by Dr Ian Bickle ◉