Pathological fracture of humerus
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Hani Makky Al Salam had no recorded disclosures.View Hani Makky Al Salam's current disclosures
Pain after minor trauma.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
A transverse fracture proximal shaft of the humerus with mild lateral displacement. There is underlying osteolytic bone lesion with bubbly appearance, thin sclerotic transition zone and internal sclerotic bone septa.
A pathological fracture of the proximal humeral shaft over an osteolytic bone lesion, mostly a simple bone cyst. The proximal humerus is one of the commonest sites for bone cyst. Pathological fracture can occur spontaneously or after minor trauma over a bone lesion which can be benign or malignant.
9 public playlists include this case
- Imágenes del SME by Silvana F Ciardullo
- Neoplastic disease-related fractures by Hannah Whitelaw
- 2022 1 by Richard Hodgson ◉
- humerus fractures by Hannah Whitelaw
- Bone Lesions by Jonathan Oosterhof
- CHR 664L 14: Humerus by jtaylordacbr
- MSK by Ala Alsherbini
- supervision by Richard Hodgson ◉
- 2023 1 by Richard Hodgson ◉