Pelvic inflammatory disease with tubo-ovarian abscess, pyosalpinx and small uterine fibroid
Pelvic pain and colic for more than a year with recent onset of vaginal bleeding.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
- right adnexal multilocular marginally enhancing cystic lesion is seen.
- the right fallopian tube is dilated, tortuous and distended with proteinacious fluid.
- it shows dense peripheral enhancement.
- subacute blood is seen within it as a fluid level.
- no solid adnexal masses
- there is also a posterior uterine wall sub-serosal 3 cm fibroid.
- no pelvic collection or enlarged lymphadenopathy.
DWI sequences can be helpful, showing diffusion restriction within the abscess as with elsewhere in the body.
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) with right tubo-ovarian abscess as well as extensive right pyosalpinx.
Incidental small sub-serosal fibroid.