Pelvic resection (illustrations)
Citation, DOI and case data
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Modified illustrations of the pelvis, used in pelvic resection.
- cassic hemipelvectomy: Iliac, ischium, and pubic bone (and limb) are resected
- extended hemipelvectomy: Iliac, ischium, and pubic bone (and limb) are resected, as well as part of the ipsilateral sacral ala, extending into the neural foramen
- type 1 pelvic resection - partial: partial resection of iliac bone
- type 1 pelvic resection - complete: resection of most of the iliac bone. This may be buttressed with a bone graft or other hardware to provide stability to the pelvic ring
- type 2 pelvic resection: periacetabular resection. A prosthesis from the ipislateral leg may extend into the iliac remnant
- type 3 pelvic resection: pubic bone resection
Author: Henry Vandyke Carter
Original file: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gray241.png
Modifications: the original file was modified to block out portions of the pelvis removed in various pelvic resections.
License: This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 2.5 License. In short: you are free to share and make derivative works of the file under the conditions that you appropriately attribute it, and that you distribute it only under a license identical to this one.