Peripelvic cyst of the kidney
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Jayanth Keshavamurthy had no recorded disclosures.View Jayanth Keshavamurthy's current disclosures
Cardiac MRI for cardiomyopathy evaluation. What non-cardiac finding is shown here?
- Note: This case has been tagged as "legacy" as it no longer meets image preparation and/or other case publication guidelines.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
On SSFP sequences the left kidney has areas of bright fluid signal and has no enhancement on delayed imaging. There is no hydronephrosis. See how it insinuates around the ureter and renal pelvis without a mass effect. There is no fat intensity.
On post-contrast T1, no enhancement and clear separation from ureter and renal pelvis.
On T2 imaging there is intermediate intensity likely due to the cell and protein content.
This is the classic appearance of a peripelvic lymphatic cyst.
3 case questions available
Incidental finding of a classic left peripelvic cyst. No hydronephrosis, no follow up necessary.
- 1. Wood C, Stromberg L, Harmath C et al. CT and MR Imaging for Evaluation of Cystic Renal Lesions and Diseases. Radiographics. 2015;35(1):125-41. doi:10.1148/rg.351130016 - Pubmed
- 2. Micali S, Pini G, Sighinolfi M, De Stefani S, Annino F, Bianchi G. Laparoscopic Simultaneous Treatment of Peripelvic Renal Cysts and Stones: Case Series. J Endourol. 2009;23(11):1851-6. doi:10.1089/end.2009.0042 - Pubmed
- 3. Chen Z, Chen X, Luo Y, He Y, Li N, Wu Z. Retroperitoneoscopic Decortication of Symptomatic Peripelvic Renal Cysts: Chinese Experience. Urology. 2011;78(4):803-7. doi:10.1016/j.urology.2011.06.023 - Pubmed
- 4. Upreti L, Dev A, Kumar Puri S. Imaging in Renal Lymphangiectasia: Report of Two Cases and Review of Literature. Clin Radiol. 2008;63(9):1057-62. doi:10.1016/j.crad.2007.12.013 - Pubmed