Pigmented villonodular synovitis - osseous changes
Citation, DOI and case data
Chronic joint swelling and pain.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Periarticular multicystic erosions with thin sclerotic border, affecting mainly the acetabulum and neck of femur. Increased soft tissue density around the right hip joint region and neck of femur.
This is an x-ray of a known patient with pigmented villonodular synovitis, MRI was missed. PVNS is essentially an MRI diagnosis, but this is an example of plain radiograph features. Its appearance on a radiograph is not diagnostic and has many differentials.
10 public playlist include this case
- Musculoskeletal by Dr. Ranjit kumar
- RAL-1003 A by Dr Julie-Marthe Grenier ◉
- RAL-1005 D by Dr Julie-Marthe Grenier ◉
- EXAM CASES (part 4) by Steven Dolan
- Resident Arthritides 2016 by Dr Varsha Kumar
- Casos Dr Helio by Arthur de Freitas Ferreira
- 111111akharesheee by faramarz
- Arthropathies by Charles Werren
- Case of the day by Dr Mostafa El-Feky ◉
- RCR 2B by Mehtab Ahmad