Citation, DOI & case data
Headaches for assessment.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
MRI demonstrates a cyst in the pineal region. On T2 sequences, signal largely follows CSF but does not fully attenuate on FLAIR. Internal cerebral veins (arrow) are elevated and splayed. Typical appearances of an incidental pineal cyst, almost certainly not the cause of the patient's headaches.
Pineal cysts are common and in patients being investigated for vague symptoms, such as headaches, they are troublesome as it is difficult to be completely sure, and more importantly even harder to convince the patient, that the cyst is truly incidental.
11 public playlists include this case
- 1-Beyin by Abdullah Sukun
- Lumbar by Paw
- Radiopaedia.org Kapat Pineal kist by Mehmet
- Brain by Roya Faghani
- Neuro FRCR 2B by Dr Feras Salhi
- Neuro as per path by Gabrielle
- MRT Hirn by Stephan Ellmann
- good cases by ravikanth
- Manzoor-Rad Mixed (part 4) by Manzoor Ahmad
- badania by Artur Balasa
- Manzoor-Rad CNS by Manzoor Ahmad