Citation, DOI & case data
Headaches for assessment.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
MRI demonstrates a cyst in the pineal region. On T2 sequences, signal largely follows CSF but does not fully attenuate on FLAIR. Internal cerebral veins (arrow) are elevated and splayed. Typical appearances of an incidental pineal cyst, almost certainly not the cause of the patient's headaches.
Pineal cysts are common and in patients being investigated for vague symptoms, such as headaches, they are troublesome as it is difficult to be completely sure, and more importantly even harder to convince the patient, that the cyst is truly incidental.
11 public playlists include this case
- Manzoor-Rad CNS by Manzoor Ahmad
- badania by Artur Balasa
- Manzoor-Rad Mixed (part 4) by Manzoor Ahmad
- good cases by ravikanth
- MRT Hirn by Stephan Ellmann
- Neuro as per path by Gabrielle
- Neuro FRCR 2B by Dr Feras Salhi
- Brain by Roya Faghani
- Radiopaedia.org Kapat Pineal kist by Mehmet
- Lumbar by Paw
- 1-Beyin by Abdullah Sukun