Pituitary macroadenoma - cavernous sinus invasion
Citation, DOI & case data
Adult patient presenting with a homonymous bitemporal hemianopia.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
MRI of the pituitary demonstrating a large mass extending into the suprasellar cistern and compressing the optic chiasm. Note the invasion into the left cavernous sinus with encasement of the ICA.
2 case questions available
This patient went on to have transphenoidal surgery.
Microscopic Description: Sections show pieces of a pituitary adenoma, and fragments of neurohypophysis. Focal microcysts are seen. The tumor cells are immunoreactive for growth hormone, and are immuno-negative for LH, TSH and FSH. Rare cells display immunoreactivity for ACTH and prolactin.
Final Diagnosis: Pituitary macroadenoma, showing growth hormone immunoreactivity.
This case demonstrates appearances of a sizable pituitary macroadenoma.
7 articles feature images from this case
29 public playlists include this case
- Head and neck by Robert Ligetfalvi
- Breast by Robert Ligetfalvi
- Approaches by Abdullah Hajar
- Residents - Neuroradiology by Yaïr Glick ◉
- CNS Tumour by Cary MacMillan
- GK - Neuro - Brain - Pituitary region by GLK
- Minden by Daniel Kovacs
- BRAIN TUMORS by Deyan P. Ivanov
- Neuro by Daniel Kovacs
- Liste de cas - Ophtalmologie by Jean Cournoyer-Rodrigue
- Tumores do SNC by Yago Andrei Balieiro de Castro
- 01 Brain (CPSP) by Afaaq Rasool
- Pituitary region by Eoin F
- Head by Petro Chukur
- NR by Samuel Moniyong
- Neuroradiology by Muhammad Bin Zulfiqar
- mri brain- epilepsy- dementia-Pitutary gland by Do Thanh Danh
- sgnol by Vish
- Intracranial tumours by Peneoasu Cristian
- AULA CASOS NEURO by Arthur Aiolfi Guimarães
- UQ Med CBL - Blind spot! by Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- AA- NEURO 1 by Anusha A
- Brain tumour by Thuấn Nguyễn Hoàng
- CASES 2 by Dr. Yash jain
- NeuroImaging 3 - Toxic, Metabolic, Degenerative, Miscellaneous & Pituitary by Joel Lim
- Pituitary and suprasellar masses by Nithya Sukumar
- Patologías en RMN Cerebral by Francisco Gallegos
- Brain imaging by Kamil Kayayurt
- Neuro boards cases by Savannah Shortz