Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Centered within the right aspect of the pituitary gland is a rounded hypo-enhancing lesion measuring 8 x 6 x 6.5 mm. Pituitary tissue is elevated upwards only 1mm, away from of the right side of the optic chiasm, which is not yet contacted or compressed. The infundibulum remains deviated towards the left. There is no evidence of invasion of the cavernous sinuses.
4 case question available
Pituitary function tests were performed in this case and demonstrated elevated prolactin levels and otherwise normal pituitary function.
1 case question available
This case illustrates typical appearances of a sizable microadenoma. The patient was placed on bromocriptine and the lesion has minimally reduced in size, and pituitary function has remained largely unaltered.
- 1. Sano T, Rayhan N, Yamada S. [Pathology of pituitary incidentaloma]. Nippon Rinsho. 2004;62 (5): 940-5. - Pubmed citation
1 article features images from this case
24 public playlist includes this case
- Pituitary region pathology (iOS pack)
- Neuro - Clinical Conditions - Pituitary
- NeuroImaging 3 - Toxic, Metabolic, Degenerative, Miscellaneous & Pituitary
- Neuro viva
- CNS Tumour
- Neuro boards cases
- Sellar and suprasellar pathology
- MR Basic
- my NEURO viva
- Neuro - pituitary fossa
- Head and neck
- Pituitary region
- Lecture: Pituitary - Cases
- Sella & CPA Lesions