Plasma cell mastitis
Citation, DOI & case data
Breast cancer screening.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Linear, thick, 'rod-like' calcifications in both breasts, with a symmetrical distribution. Typical appearance of plasma cell mastitis (BI-RADS 2, benign).
Predominantly fatty breast tissue. No further findings.
We show a typical case of plasma cell mastitis, with thick, uniform, rod-like calcifications with linear distribution towards the nipple.
In contrast to infiltrating ductal carcinoma, the calcifications present in plasma cell mastitis are thicker and longer, as well as more uniformly dense.
Plasma cell mastitis is a benign entity (BI-RADS 2) that does not increase the risk of cancer, so no specific follow-up is required.
1 article features images from this case
26 public playlists include this case
- WI Infeksi by dr. Devi Astri Kusumawardani
- VIVA - Breast - Set I by Dr Corey Thompson
- Breast 21 by Dr Ahmed Reda Bassiouny
- Breast COD by Dr Isaac Lui
- Breast by Dr Yang Yongqiang
- March 2021 by Dr Anil Geetha Virupakshappa
- Benign Breast Lesions by Dr Gerard Carbo
- Breast by Jin XU
- breast by dr Maimoona murad khan
- Core by Shekhar Khanpara
- breast by R A A
- General -2 by Asmita Chugh
- Breast by Dr Kenji Hinde
- frcr 2 by Janice Wee Yong Li
- FRCR 2b June by Dr Hrishikesh VJ
- Mamma-Screening by Alexander Mainka
- Fatumah Namutebi by Dr Fatumah Namutebi Ssewaali
- ISODOPE - BREAST by Hannah Woodford
- Breast by Dr. Ranjit kumar
- breast by Dr saima hafeez khokhar
- Breast pathology by Dr Xien Liversidge ◈
- Frcr medley by Ms Evangeline
- Viva Set A by Chin Yong Li
- Prüfung Uro mammo by Lisa Ruby
- 03 Breast (CPSP) by Dr. Afaaq Rasool Afaaq Rasool ◉
- breast NS by nuran sabir