Plasma cell mastitis
Citation, DOI & case data
Breast cancer screening.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Linear, thick, 'rod-like' calcifications in both breasts, with a symmetrical distribution. Typical appearance of plasma cell mastitis (BI-RADS 2, benign).
Predominantly fatty breast tissue. No further findings.
We show a typical case of plasma cell mastitis, with thick, uniform, rod-like calcifications with linear distribution towards the nipple.
In contrast to infiltrating ductal carcinoma, the calcifications present in plasma cell mastitis are thicker and longer, as well as more uniformly dense.
Plasma cell mastitis is a benign entity (BI-RADS 2) that does not increase the risk of cancer, so no specific follow-up is required.
1 article features images from this case
32 public playlists include this case
- Breast by Tae Gon Yoo
- Efilm-1 short cases by Aimua Harriet
- WI Infeksi by Devi Astri Kusumawardani
- Frcr medley by Evangeline
- VIVA - Breast - Set I by Corey Thompson
- Breast 21 by Ahmed Reda Bassiouny
- Breast COD by Isaac Lui
- Gynaecology cases by Aimua Harriet
- Breast by Yang Yongqiang
- March 2021 by Anil Geetha Virupakshappa
- Scott breast 1 by Timothy Jeffery
- Benign Breast Lesions by Gerard Carbo
- Breast by Jin XU
- mas 2 by Mohammed Elsangidy
- breast by Maimoona murad khan
- Prüfung Uro mammo by Lisa Ruby
- Core by Shekhar Khanpara
- breast by R A A
- General -2 by Asmita Chugh
- Breast by Kenji Hinde
- frcr 2 by Janice Wee Yong Li
- FRCR 2b June by Hrishikesh VJ
- Mamma-Screening by Alexander Mainka
- Viva Set A by Chin Yong Li
- ISODOPE - BREAST by Hannah Woodford
- AGNES by Agnes thomas
- Breast by Ranjit kumar
- breast by saima hafeez khokhar
- 03 Breast (CPSP) by Afaaq Rasool
- breast NS by nuran sabir
- MC Breast by Marianne Cossens
- Fatumah Namutebi by Fatumah Namutebi Ssewaali