Pleomorphic adenoma of submandibular gland
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Mistry K, Pleomorphic adenoma of submandibular gland. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 25 Mar 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-35407
At the time the case was submitted for publication Kewal Arunkumar Mistry had no recorded disclosures.View Kewal Arunkumar Mistry's current disclosures
5 Apr 2015
10 times, by 2 contributors - see full revision history and disclosures
Left submandibular swelling
Age: 30 years
From the case: Pleomorphic adenoma of submandibular gland
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Left submandibular gland shows presence of a well defined hypoechoic lesion with posterior acoustic enhancement and internal vascularity without calcifications in its superficial lobe consistent with a pleomorphic adenoma.
Right submandibular gland is normal.
Biopsy confirmed the diagnosis of pleomorphic adenoma.
Warthin tumor and mucoepidermoid carcinoma are important differentials.
1 article features images from this case
13 public playlists include this case
- head and neck by docjabs25
- Part 2 Head and Neck by Hao Xiang
- Neuro - neck by David Serich
- Salivary by DĪNA REITERE
- VGHTC 201505 by Fu, Chien-hua
- Head & Neck by Ulrike Bartosch
- JY Oral Cavity and Parotid Space by Juliana K. Yee
- neuro by Amir Rezaee
- common work cases by joseph yacoub shehata
- VC CNS H N S PART II by Vinicius Carraro do Nascimento
- FRCR 2B by Maryam Rahiminejad
- H&N - Adult Clinical Conditions - Neck by Charlie Handley
- kejsy #1 (part 11) by Lech Gradziński