Citation, DOI and case data
Slow growing masses on the neck with multiple resections done over 4 decades.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
There are multiple confluent enhancing lesions predominantly on the left side of the neck and in the upper mediastinum which are responsible for an asymetrical stenosis of the pharynx and trachea. Notice the target sign on T2 sequence typical for neurofibromas.
This patient underwent several surgical resections throughout last decades (and also recent chemotherapy treatment) with histologically confirmed diagnosis of plexiform neurofibroma (see article Neurofibromatosis type I). There were also signs of malignant transformation documented.
1 article features images from this case
11 public playlist include this case
- HEAD NECK SPINE by Khalid Idrees
- Viva practice 6 by Dr Yew Ying Rong
- RMH/ALF - MSK - Peripheral Nerve Conditions by Dr Yen Huynh ◈
- Neuroimaging cases by Ramy Gamal El-Sayed Ayad
- Spine by Dr. Kwadwo Antwi
- hnf by simranjit bawa
- Chef by Vish
- sgnol by Vish
- srlong by Syed Rahman
- Exam cases (part 11) (part 1) (part 1) by Noura Alraeesi
- Head and Neck by Miguel