Citation, DOI & case data
Middle aged man involved in high impact trauma. Pain right side of chest.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Moderate sized right sided pneumothorax.
Multiple consecutive right sided rib fractures.
Pneumothorax may occur for a number of causes, one of which is significant thoracic trauma in which case rib fractures are a common association.
Prompt identification and management is key - an x-ray is normally all that is required in the first instance.
23 public playlists include this case
- CXR by Luke Abela
- CHEST TRAUMA by SOHAIB Ali ◉
- Medical Student CXR 1 by Lisa Shannon ◉
- Tórax by Luis Miguel
- Chest by Vicki Koi ◉
- Clase Tórax by Miguel Ángel Calderón Santisteban
- CHEST TRAUMA by Deyan P. Ivanov
- Known Case DACBR Board Prep by Jessica Billham ◈
- Nursing teaching by wong
- rr by Gautam Karbhase
- Pneumothorax by Piotr Guzdziol
- Tufts Capstone Quiz by T Carraway
- H-Y thorax cases by Elías Sæbjörn Eyþórsson
- UCD Chest by Roisin MacDermott
- Crash Course Year 4 - Chest by Sally Ayesa ◉
- MSK for BSC by Paul Jenkins
- Pulmonology by Muhammad Umair Shafique Sheikh
- RAL-1006 by Julie-Marthe Grenier ◉
- aa pneumothorax by paulo cesar granero
- SJH FY2 Radiology Session by UoE Radiology
- imaging for medical student - chest by Maryam Saif AlAli
- Intern Teaching - CXR by Mark Zureik ◉
- Chest by Kayla Beck