Pneumothorax and skin fold
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Hacking C, Pneumothorax and skin fold. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 31 Mar 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-66374
At the time the case was submitted for publication Craig Hacking had no recorded disclosures.View Craig Hacking's current disclosures
17 Feb 2019
2 times, by 1 contributor - see full revision history and disclosures
Case of the day:
03 Apr 2019
ICU patient. Decreased oxygenation.
Age: Young adult
From the case: Pneumothorax and skin fold
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Right apical linear density (white line) with absence of lung markings laterally in keeping with a small pneumothorax. Just medial to it is a curvilinear lucency (black line) representing a skin fold.
Left lower lobe interstitial opacities stable from the CXR from 1 day earlier. Support lines and tubes remain well positioned.
Rare to see a subtle PTX and skin fold in the same CXR (and on the same side).
Case courtesy of Dr Nivene Saad.
2 articles feature images from this case
9 public playlists include this case
- Chest W1D2 by traci prithcard
- UQ Radiology video tutorial: Chest: Simple pneumothorax by Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- Respiratory subtle pneumothroax by Akshaykumar
- chest by Jiawen Liu
- Respiratory: Subtle things by Akshaykumar
- Intern Radiology - Chest X-ray by Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- CXR by Kolbeinn Hans Halldorsson
- Chest Trauma Cases by Denise Foulkes
- UQRIG Chest Xray basics by Craig Hacking ◉ ◈