Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN)
Increasing abdominal pain.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Right sided common femoral artery puncture and 5 French sheath were introduced. Non selective angiography was followed by selective angiogram of the left and right renal arteries, common hepatic artery and SMA using a 5 French C2 catheter.
Both kidneys demonstrate beading and numerous microaneurysms affecting the segmental, interlobar, and arcuate vessels.
Similar changes are seen affecting the intrahepatic vessels with a few small microaneurysms noted.
The proximal branches of the SMA appear normal; however there are no normal straight arteries from the jejunal arteries and lack of normal anastomotic arcades and loops. This is associated with multiple microaneurysms. The colic branches have more normal appearances though there are also scattered microaneurysms present.
Features are consistent with polyarteritis nodosa (PAN).
Despite very suggestive radiological features, muscle and renal biopsies were negative. The patient was treated presumptively and has had a number of recurrent episodes. Long term follow-up unknown.
1 article features images from this case
45 public playlist include this case
- 4 by Dr anthony trimboli ◉
- Abdomen by Dr Georgia Yeo ◉
- WART ONLINE TEACHING_RENAL by Nathalie Falkner
- Genitourinary FRCR 2B by Dr Feras Salhi
- Tony 2 by Joe
- Abdo - Adult Clinical Conditions - Renal by Dr Charlie Handley
- Vascular by Gajan Surendra
- VASCULAR IMAGING by Dr Dr Angel Mthalane
- vascular PAN by ali labeeb alwan
- Tony Chen October 3 by Dr Tony Chen
- vessels by simranjit bawa
- Uroradiology by Dr. Ranjit kumar
- FRCR 2B by Dr Maryam Rahiminejad
- RH_VASCULAR by Dr Rob Henderson
- GD: Vascular by Dr Gurjeet Dulku
- Gefäße by Dr. David Loewenthal
- Vascular & Intervention by Matt Page
- MSK ZAK by zak
- Vascular by Matt Page
- study group vascular by Dr Danus Ravindran
- VASCULITIS by Jaanri Brugman
- A short 2021 by Dr Abdullah Hajar
- Viva - Vascular 2 by Dr Hao Xiang
- Exam cases (part 7) (part 1) by Noura Alraeesi
- Interesting Chest/ Vascular cases for Dave by Dr Scott Robson
- abdo by Dr Patrick Markey ◉
- viva 1 by Dr. Awadh Ahmed taiseir BA HASHWAN
- P2 - Abdomen by Dr Sachintha Hapugoda ◉
- VIR by Dr Terrence Hui
- VascularCosmin by Dr Cosmin Florescu
- Vaculitis by Karen Pérez Alfonso
- Renal cysts and masses by Dr Davina Bates
- GUT by dr Maimoona murad khan
- Immune as per path by Gabrielle
- Vascular viva by Eman Mansour
- Abdomen - renal by Edward Chan
- Chest - vascular + cardiac by Edward Chan
- Vasc/Int 1 by Sean
- Vascular residents by Alex Samak
- GIT by Jia Lin Chua
- Chest 1 by Dr Rajkumar Yalawar ◉
- neuro&angio 2015 by Iya Eisenberg
- Vascular by Dr Ahmed Hamdy Mhsb
- Sunday 12/11 by Dr Stephen Power
- rare by illaramendi