Polytrauma: coeliac dissection and renal vein injury with haematoma
Joyriding on motorcycle. No helmet. Hit wall and landed 10 feet down a ditch. Reduced GCS.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Polytrauma with multiple abdominal injuries:
- huge right retroperitoneal haematoma - no active haemorrhage
- compression of IVC and right renal vein - concern for right renal vein injury
- coeliac artery dissection with hypoperfused spleen
- large complex right pelvic and sacral fracture
- high density at the base of penis concerning for cavernosal haematoma
- multiple transverse process fractures
- multiple rib fractures
- no chest injury
- no intracranial injury
Multiple abdominal injuries in a young male motorcycle injured patient.
Patient was treated conservatively with close attention paid to blood pressure control. No operative or interventional treatment was required aside from orthopaedic external fixation of the pelvis.