Post operative achilles tendon - ultrasound
Trama related achilles tendon tear - 3 mths back. Surgical repair was done. C/o episode of minor pain - 1 day before Ultrasound
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
At site of repair tendon shows thickening, hypoechoic echopattern. Suture material is noted within tendon. There is no fluid cleft / fluid filled gap. With planter and dorsiflexion, normal tendon movements were seen.
Expected findings in Post tendon repair
- Thicker, hypoechoic tendon
- Loss of normal fibrillay echopattern.
- May be smaller fluid clefts in the tendon.
- Suture material is seen
- Dynemic scan showing tendon movements.
Abnormal findings in Post tendon repair
- Non-visulization of tendon
- Full thickness large fluid cleft - gap between two edges of tendon
- Sutures outside tendon substance
- dynemic scan showing no tendon movements.