Posterior urethral valve - antenatal ultrasound
Citation, DOI & case data
2nd gravida for anomaly scan. 20 weeks of amenorrhea.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
There is a singleton intrauterine pregnancy with maturity concordant with gestational age. There is mild oligohydramnios (without history of leaking).
Fetal urinary bladder is over-distended (35 cc volume). It shows mural trabeculations. There is bilateral hydronephrosis. There is no peri-nephric collection/urinoma. Neither ureter could be traced.
There is another finding of pericardial effusion.
Mild oligohydramnios (AFI=7).
Rest of fetal anatomical survey is normal (not uploaded).
Asymptomatic 2nd gravida patient presents for 20-week anomaly scan. There is mild oligohydramnios. There is the presence of a keyhole sign favoring posterior urethral valve.
3 article feature images from this case
15 public playlist include this case
- OB case files by melessa cizik
- JL O&G by Dr Jacqueline Lubomski
- Obstetrics by Dr Nicholas Willmore ◉
- OB by Deyan P. Ivanov
- Aunt Minnie's for the 2B by Dr Pauline Gammack
- Urinary by Mohammed Bilal Mohammed Numan
- OnG Exam cases 2 by Dr Amit Chakraborty
- Anomalies OBS by Dr Muhammad Idris ◉
- 2B - Head and Neck by Aman Sandhu
- Obstetrics by Charles Werren
- good by senior registrar sherif
- Fetal abdo by Jonathan Bong
- 1. TODO by Aman Sandhu
- A short 2021 by Dr Abdullah Hajar
- obs gyna by dr Gomaa, Moatasem