Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Ian Bickle had no recorded disclosures.View Ian Bickle's current disclosures
Young patient will increasing knee pain and swelling over the past week.
Marked pre-patellar soft tissue swelling.
No joint effusion.
No bone or joint abnormality.
Pre-patellar bursitis ( Housemaid's knee ) is a clinical diagnosis. On this occasion a radiograph has rather unecessarily been performed.
It is typically due to repeat friction of the pre-pateller region - hence the classical name in female servants of the past spending time on their knees scrubbing the master's floor.
10 public playlists include this case
- FRANZCR 04 MSK by AMIRSALEH JAFARI
- msk by Marcus Vinicius Galon
- Last minute Viva by Saneej Kanhirat
- FCPS MSK by Khush Bakht
- Orthopaedics - RIPAS by Ian Bickle ◉
- viva 1 by Fahad Alabdulghani
- RAL6001 Membre inférieur by Julie-Marthe Grenier ◉
- RAL1001 Membre SUPÉRIEUR by Julie-Marthe Grenier ◉
- Trauma koolitus by Martin Ilmjärv
- 2B: MSK 2 by Daoud akhtar