Pronator quadratus sign
Citation, DOI and case data
Wrist pain after fall from 12 feet.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Displacement and anterior bowing of the fat pad overlying the pronator quadratus muscle, subtle widening of the distal radial physis, and a lucent line along the dorsal distal radius extending into the physis are suggestive of Salter Harris II distal radius fracture.
Pronator quadratus sign, or anterior displacement of the volar fat pad overlying the distal radius and ulna can be an important clue to an occult wrist fracture.
1 article features images from this case
10 public playlist include this case
- Trauma by Ramy Gamal El-Sayed Ayad
- March 2021 by Dr Anil Kumar GV
- GK - MSK - Hand & wrist by GLK
- Classic radio signs by Ramy Gamal El-Sayed Ayad
- Pediatrics by Dr Francesco Gabbrielli
- Wrist by Jonathan Luo
- kejsy 14 by Lech Gradziński
- Wrist and hand by Allister Howie
- Imagerie musculosquelettique by Dr Kherbouche Mohamed Ali
- MSK cases by Ramy Gamal El-Sayed Ayad