Proximal focal femoral deficiency
Citation, DOI & case data
Shortened left lower limb since birth.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
- osteoporotic left lower limb bones
- left acetabular dysplasia
- small-sized left femoral head and neck showing an abnormal orientation and a bizarre acute angle with the femoral shaft, due to a twist immediately distal to the trochanters
- markedly shortened left femoral shaft
- the left knee shows narrowed meniscal and patellofemoral spaces
- normal right hip joint
- no intra-articular loose bodies
Findings are those of left proximal focal femoral deficiency (PFFD).
PFFD is a rare congenital non-hereditary anomaly of unknown etiology characterized by abnormal development of the proximal femur.