Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Garth Kruger had no recorded disclosures.View Garth Kruger's current disclosures
Diagnostic mammographic magnification views of a parenchymal distortion in the right breast.
The image shows a well defined density upper left which was a cyst. The spiculated parenchymal distortion centrally was the abnormality being worked up. Note the relatively low density center and the long spiculated bands running concentrically from the center.
This is a typical radial scar. The low density center is very common as well as the long spiculated "runners" extending centrifugally from the low density center. The low density center will give you an indication the lesion may be a radial scar.
You still need to sample these lesions.
1 article features images from this case
25 public playlists include this case
- Breast Architectural Distortion by Trina Whittaker
- Breast cases by Chia Wei Oh
- Breast as per path by Gabrielle
- Lastday Ranzcr before efilm by PARTH ANUKUL NAIK
- breast by R A A
- GK - Breast - Ultrasound cases by GLK
- WDHB - Breast by Pieter Wood
- GK - Breast - Benign lesions by GLK
- 03 Breast (CPSP) by Afaaq Rasool
- GK - Breast by GLK
- BREAST LAST DAY RANZCR by PARTH ANUKUL NAIK
- Breast - Calcs by Charles Werren ◉
- frcr 2 by Janice Wee Yong Li
- rddki by Fiona L
- GK - Viva - Breast by GLK
- Breast - mass with central lucency by David Serich
- 4a_013 Radial Scars and Architectural Distortion in the Breast by RAB Four
- 1st PRACTICE VIVA BREAST 20 CASES by Peter Playford Eriksen
- mammo by Amir Rezaee
- Breast by Thomas Alexander Ochtrop
- Breast April 22 ZAK by Z Khan
- RANRCR Breast Viva 1 by Babawale S. Niyi
- mamm by Elsayed Amro
- breast by Maimoona murad khan
- breast by Kevin Sheng