Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Goran Mitrovic had no recorded disclosures.View Goran Mitrovic's current disclosures
Rectal bleeding, constipation, unintentional weight loss. No history of any other significant illness.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Semicircumferential growing carcinoma of the left lateral wall of the rectum with signs of infiltration of adjacent mesorectal fat and a isolated locoregional lymph node metastases. The shortest distance of the tumor deposits to the mesorectal fascia is approximately 2-3 mm. Thus, MR-morphologically suspected T3 N1 stage.
This case illustrates a rectal cancer with a staging of T3 N1.
The histopathological diagnosis was later confirmed.
Incidence of rectal cancer in the European Union: 15–25/100 000 per year.
- 1. Longo WE, Virgo KS, Johnson FE et-al. Risk factors for morbidity and mortality after colectomy for colon cancer. Dis. Colon Rectum. 2000;43 (1): 83-91. Pubmed citation
16 public playlists include this case
- ABDOMINAL-IMAGING by Do Thanh Danh
- KB abdo by Kimberly Brown
- Abdomen by N Seth
- bowel by simranjit bawa
- GI by Taimur
- abdomen by Ulrike Bartosch
- Imanabdo (part 3) by Iman Fani
- Abdomen by AT
- MR Basic by Lukasz Budynko
- FRCR 2B 7 by Sherif Mohsen
- colorectal by Susantha indika Mahindawansha
- JUDO1606 by Johann Jende
- GU by Taimur
- WART ONLINE TEACHING - LARGE BOWEL VIVA by Nathalie Falkner
- Bowel by Mohammed Ahmed Fahmy
- FRCR 2B colon by Simon Rupret