Citation, DOI and case data
Middle aged fever with fever and abdominal pain diagnosed with a prior ultrasound suggestive of a renal abscess.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Thick-walled enhancing cystic mass in the mid pole of the right kidney.
Right perinephric inflammatory change and thickening of Gerota's fascia.
Small abscesses may be treated with antibiotics only. Larger abscesses are typically treated with an image-guided percutaneous drain insertion, as in this case.
Successful resolution was achieved in 36 hours following ultrasound-guided percutaneous drainage.
1 article features images from this case
16 public playlist include this case
- A short 2021 by Dr Abdullah Hajar
- Exam cases (part 7) (part 1) by Noura Alraeesi
- Adrenal glands and kidneys by Allister Howie
- Exam cases (part 4) (part 1) by Noura Alraeesi
- URO 4 by HoangHuong
- meeting 2 by nezar shlaka
- 4c_040 Infections of the Kidneys by RAB Four
- Abdo by Preet Schlichtemeier
- A new cases by Dr Abdullah Hajar
- RMH/ALF - Renal infection/Miscellaneous by Dr Yen Huynh ◈
- Certificate: 9.4 Infections of the Kidneys by RAB Three
- GU by Geri Darmanin
- 10.14 GU by Emily Stevens
- KIdneys and adrenal by Dr Naqibullah Foladi
- 9.4 Infections of the Kidneys by Dr Jash Agraval
- 23/02/2017 by Paul Bui