Renal laceration and active bleeding from snowboarding injury
Citation, DOI & case data
Fall while snowboarding.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Right superior to med renal laceration with active extravasation and large retroperitoneal hematoma. No collecting system or ureteric injury on delayed images.
Surprisingly large injury of the right kidney after falling while snowboarding, with an upper pole laceration and active extravasation resulting in a large amount of perinephric/retroperitoneal bleeding.
This patient was successfully managed non-operatively with obersvation and blood transfusion. Presumably the bleeding was tamponaded by being confined to the retroperitoneum.
10 public playlists include this case
- 6th October 2020 by Sumeet reddy
- Pilvo_trauma by Tomas Jurevicius
- G! 2 by Kevin Sheng
- Abdominal Trauma by Sana Naeem
- VIVA abdo 1 by Jen Shoobridge
- ER cases by Alaa Suliman
- Buoi 12 Abdominal Trauma by Thuấn Nguyễn Hoàng
- Day 4: Trauma by Michael P Hartung ◉
- Trauma by Michael P Hartung ◉
- FRCR 2B 4 by Sherif Mohsen