Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Patel M, Retropharyngeal abscess. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 06 Jun 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-13128
At the time the case was submitted for publication Maulik S Patel had no recorded disclosures.View Maulik S Patel's current disclosures
5 Mar 2011
11 times, by 4 contributors - see full revision history and disclosures
Fever and neck pain.
Note: This case has been tagged as "legacy" as it no longer meets image preparation and/or other case publication guidelines.
From the case: Retropharyngeal abscess
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Increased prevertebral soft tissue thickness and reversal of cervical lordosis.
Radiograph finding of increased prevertebral soft tissue thickness with a clinical background of fever and neck pain suggests the possibility of a retropharyngeal abscess.
2 articles feature images from this case
17 public playlists include this case
- Paediatric Respiratory Tract by Jonathan Bong
- Paeds by Seb Belfrage
- important pediatric xray for emergency board exam by Maryam Saif AlAli
- Aunt Minnies - Paeds by Michael Stewart ◈
- 9.2 Paeds by Emily Stevens
- paeds airway by Jacob Gipson
- ED Paeds Emergency by Hannah Ireland ◉
- Primer - Paediatric Imaging - Respiratory Tract by Aman
- WDHB - Paediatrics by Pieter Wood
- Masqueraders of MSK disease by FComeau
- Rapid reporting checklist by Kanwal Laique
- 1st spot2022 by Abdullah Hajar
- 15/04 by Bhargava Ram Dasangam
- Paeds viva 3 by Milo MacBain ◈
- Paediatric chest by Georgia Yeo ◉
- FRCR 2B paeds by Simon Rupret
- paeds resp by ANA CARLA BENITEZ MENDES