Citation, DOI and case data
Patient referred from the rheumatology service for evaluation of rheumatoid arthritis.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Radiography of the hands and wrists showing juxta-articular osteopenia associated with diffuse reduction of the joint spaces, with subchondral bone erosions in the radiocarpal, intercarpal, first carpometacarpal and proximal (more prominent) and distal interphalangeal joints. Bone erosions are evident in the styloid process of the ulna and a slight increase in the soft parts of the wrists is found bilaterally.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a highly prevalent systemic autoimmune disease that develops with chronic inflammatory changes, affecting the synovial membranes of several joints, with commonly important involvement of the joints of the hands and wrists.
Contributed by Dr. Hemilianna Hadassa Silva Matozinho M.D., Dr. Marcello Antônio de Rezende Basilio M.D.
12 public playlist include this case
- MSK cases by Saima Batool ◉
- BJ exam 2 by Chelsea S
- B & J Midterm 2 by Aubrey Walden
- Arthritis by Dr. John Yasmer ◉
- IMAG5042 Module 5 by Dr Sally Ayesa ◉
- spec.practic by Popovici Alexandra
- wrist pathologies by Dr Bhavya sri Narasimha Lakkakula
- rheumatoid arthritis by Jeff Thompson
- Arthropathies by Dr Xien Liversidge ◈
- MSK by Popovici Alexandra
- Bone and Joint exam 2 by Janet Austin
- 0001 Rheumatoid arthritis by Dr Tom Molyneux ◉