Right middle lobe consolidation
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Jones J, Right middle lobe consolidation. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 31 Mar 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-8814
At the time the case was submitted for publication Jeremy Jones had no recorded disclosures.View Jeremy Jones's current disclosures
1 Mar 2010
14 times, by 3 contributors - see full revision history and disclosures
Increased shortness of breath and sputum production. Pyrexia. Normal blood pressure.
Age: 45 years
From the case: Right middle lobe consolidation
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Medial right lower zone opacity with obscuration of the right heart border. Appearances of right middle lobe consolidation consistent with infection given the history.
It is useful to know the various manifestations of the silhouette sign on chest x-ray. It is useful to add more information from right lower zone consolidation to right middle lobe consolidation. Given the history, infection is the likely cause.
10 public playlists include this case
- RAB consolidation by Arjuna Somanathan
- Key Conditions by Chi Lap Nicholas Tsang
- Mod 11 Chest by Morgan Belleau
- DI3302 Chest by Caitlyn Charteris
- chest by naeema norah yousif
- Certificate: Consolidation by RAB One
- Radiology Interview by Evyn Arnfield
- Chest 3 by N Seth
- chest x ray by Udithamala Priyanthi Ratnayake
- DI 3302 Mod 11 by Talia LaForest