Right middle lobe pneumonia
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Ian Bickle had no recorded disclosures.View Ian Bickle's current disclosures
Two weeks history of shortness of breath, malaise and fever. Infection?
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
The right heart border silhouette is indistinct with adjacent consolidation medially at the right base.
Left lung clear.
Heart size normal.
This case illustrates the silhouette sign of Felson, in this case with respect to the right middle lobe.
The right heart border should have a distinct appearance due to the right atrium abutting aerated right middle lobe. In this case the consolidation in the right middle lobe has resulted in loss of this silhouette.
2 articles feature images from this case
20 public playlists include this case
- FRANZCR 02 Chest by AMIRSALEH JAFARI
- H-Y thorax cases by Elías Sæbjörn Eyþórsson
- Plain film exam (CXR) by Andrew Panayiotou
- CXR by Clayton McCuiston
- infectious CXR by Christopher Zamani
- FRCR 2B cases by mehvish
- CXR-corepathology by Ian Bickle ◉
- CXR by Prakruthi Venkatappa
- Rapid reporting checklist by Kanwal Laique
- chwst by simranjit bawa
- Chest by Zachary Merritt
- Portia's Chest Cases by Portia D'Anverrs ◉
- Battle Practice by Logan JR Walker
- Viva by yu faye yu
- CXR Survival guide by Daoud akhtar
- Textbook CXRS by Ian Bickle ◉
- Critical Care Chest Radiology by Rebecca Dooley
- Clásicos by Jheyson Javier Barrios Pereira
- Chest by Afonso Carvalho Silva
- Chest by Zheen Yousif Aziz