Right pubic rami fractures
Fall. Painful right hip and externally rotated leg.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Mildly displaced fractures of the right superior and inferior pubic rami. Left total hip replacement noted.
1 case question available
- unilateral pubic rami fractures usually result from mild trauma
- symptoms are often non-specific and the patient may or may not be weight-bearing
- much more common in females
- Studer P, Suhm N, Zappe B et-al. Pubic rami fractures in the elderly-a neglected injury?. Swiss Med Wkly. 2014;143: w13859. doi:10.4414/smw.2013.13859 - Pubmed citation
- Osborn A, Blaser S, Salzman K. Encyclopedia of Diagnostic Imaging. AMIRSYS. (2008) ISBN:0721629059. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon