Ruptured hemorrhagic corpus luteal cyst
Citation, DOI & case data
Severe pain in lower abdomen. LMP - 20 days back.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Empty uterine cavity.
A collapsed cyst in left ovary.
Free fluid in pelvis and hepato-renal region.
1 case question available
Ultrasonography was done after 3 hours of the onset of pain, findings are suggestive of ruptured hemorrhagic ovarian cyst with hemoperitoneum.
Urine pregnancy test was negative. Hb level was 10.5 gm/dL.
Laparoscopy was done 3 hours after ultrasonography. Findings confirmed ruptured corpus luteum cyst.
- 1. Jiang Y, Cheng Y, Chang X. [Sonographic diagnosis of ruptured corpus luteum with hemoperitoneum]. Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao. 1995;17 (2): 133-5. - Pubmed citation
3 articles feature images from this case
16 public playlists include this case
- O&G Week 2 by Dr Siobhan Lee
- GK - O&G - Gynae - Ovary & adenexa by GLK
- RBWH - key conditions O&G by Dr Tim Wastney
- female pelvis by Stefan Teodoru-Saman
- ovaries by Amie ◉
- OB-1 by tuanleminh ◉
- Gynecology US by Dr. Mo
- SS OB GY 2 by Susheel K
- O&G Week 2 by Dr Blake Milton
- A Obgyn Viva 3 Waseem by Waseem Mehmood Nizamani
- Obstetric viva 4 by Dr Babawale S. Niyi
- ROHIT OBG by Doctor Rima Kumari
- OBG+GYN VIVA by Saima Batool ◉
- GO by Quratulainali
- 4-Jinekoloji by Abdullah Sukun
- Gynae Viva Ultrasound 3 by Dr Babawale S. Niyi