Salter-Harris type II distal tibia fracture
Citation, DOI & case data
15-year-old boy post fall while skating. Soft tissue swelling over the medial aspect of the ankle joint.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Linear lucency within distal tibial metaphysis extending down to the level of physis in keeping with type II as per Salter - Harris classification of physeal fractures. Best appreciated on lateral view.
1 case question available
Salter - Harris classification is used to classify pediatric fractures involving the growth plate.
Type II refers to a fracture through the growth plate and the metaphysis, however sparing epiphysis.
10 public playlists include this case
- Paediatric by Bryan Schnabel ◉
- Rapids: Set 7 by Dr Ian Bickle ◉
- 1 by Lech Gradziński
- Child by Dr. Mareike Wittmann
- Ankle Radiographs by Anthony Pennuto
- Pediatric x-rays - acute by Dr Bálint Botz ◉
- Salter-Harris fractures by Leonardo Lustosa ◉
- Vj collection by m.vijayaprakash
- Lower Leg Radiographs by Anthony Pennuto
- Bob 4 by Allyana Rose Jaide Labbay