Schizencephaly - bilateral
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
MRI of the brain of a child demonstrating bilateral and midline abnormalities.
On both sides, abnormal grey matter (polymicrogyria) can be seen extending from the cortex to the body of the lateral ventricles. On the left, a cleft is present filled by CSF, whereas on the right only a slight indentation of the ventricular wall is present.
Additionally, the septum pellucidum is absent.
Findings are consistent with bilateral schizencephaly. On the right, it is of the closed-lip variety whereas on the left it is open-lip.
Note: This case has been tagged as "legacy" as it no longer meets image preparation and/or other case publication guidelines.
15 public playlist include this case
- Manzoor-Rad Mixed (part 3) by Manzoor Ahmad
- Cns by Geetha Sanjeev
- Manzoor-Rad CNS by Manzoor Ahmad
- CNS Congenital by Cary MacMillan
- Asymmetric Cerebral Hemispheres by AMIT KUMAR
- Neuro as per path by Gabrielle
- Viva 12 by Lam Jiahong Jeremy
- Aunt Minnies - Neuro by Dr Michael Stewart ◈
- Aunt Minnies - Paeds by Dr Michael Stewart ◈
- Paed - Clinical Conditions - Head by Dr Charlie Handley
- FRCR 2b -Paeds D by Dr Dilina Rajapakse
- Neurorad by Whitney Graff
- Absent Septum Pellucidum by Audrey Pinna
- Pediatric FRCR 2B by Dr Feras Salhi
- Epilepsy by Dr Davina Bates