Citation, DOI and case data
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
The uterus is average in size with a uterine septum dividing the upper part of endometrial cavity into two separate cavities (septate uterus).
- uterine septum length is 1.9 cm (>1.5 cm)
- uterine septum girth is 1.5 cm
- fundal indentation angle is ~73° (<90°)
- intercornual distance <4 cm (3.2 cm)
- convex uterine fundus with 1 cm myometrial thickness beyond the uterine septum base
Ultrasound shows left intra-ovarian simple cyst averaging 2.5 x 1.8 cm, with thin wall and clear fluid content. Mild right hydrosalpinx reaching 6 mm is also noted.
The patient has two children in their teenage with a past history of recurrent abortion and in her current second marriage complaining of secondary infertility.
Supportive criteria for the diagnosis of septate uterus are:
- depth from the interstitial line to the apex of the indentation >1.5 cm (septum length)
- angle of the indentation <90 degrees
- intercornual distance is not more than 4 cm
- Convex uterine fundus