Sequestrated lumbar disc fragment
Low back pain and left leg paresthesia.
Note: This case has been tagged as "legacy" as it no longer meets image preparation and/or other case publication guidelines.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Sagittal T2-weighted MR image of the lumbar spine at the midline plane reveals a mass lesion with hyperintensity relative to the intervertebral disk at the posterior epidural space at the L3 level, compressing the dura. On sagittal T1-weighted the mass is not evident because it is isointense to CSF. On sagittal and axial T1+Gad, the mass shows low signal intensity with peripheral contrast enhancement.
- 1. C.Y. Chen.et al. Posterior Epidural Migration of a Sequestrated Lumbar Disk Fragment: MR Imaging Findings. AJNR August 2006 27: 1592-1594
1 article features images from this case
14 public playlist include this case
- lumber spine by Ahmed Elbehery
- MSK by AT
- Viva Spine 2021 by Zishan Haider
- Spine by Joel Lim
- NEURO VIVA by Lucy Blumer
- 663 - Spinal Pathology by Lauren Tollefson
- UQ Radiology video tutorial: Spine: Disc disease by Assoc Prof Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- Infection/ Arthritides and Misc. by Julia McKenna
- Spine by Dr Muhammad Bin Zulfiqar
- 663 2 - Disc Pathology by Eric Timothy Stefanowicz
- CHR 663 Spine Pathology by Christopher L. Smoley
- CHR 663L Lesson 2: Intervertebral disc disorders by jtaylordacbr
- Lumbar spine disc herniation by Nguyễn Thanh Vân Anh
- VC CNS H N S PART II by Dr Vinicius Carraro do Nascimento