Serous ovarian cystadenocarcinoma
Citation, DOI and case data
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Multilocular cystic-solid mass in the right ovary measuring 41 x 30 x 57mm. It contains a solid component measuring 28 x 14 x 30 mm which is has moderate internal vascularity (IOTA color score 2-3) and 1-2 smaller papillary projections.
A discrete hypervascular nodule is seen in the pouch of Douglas, highly concerning for peritoneal metastasis.
Normal uterus and left ovary. No ascites.
Patient had initially presented with a breast lesion, with histological diagnosis suggestive of metastatic disease of gynecological origin. She had no pelvic symptoms.
At resection of the adnexal mass, histologic diagnosis was high grade serous ovarian adenocarcinoma.
Subsequent PET/CT (not shown) confirmed nodular peritoneal metastases, as well as nodal and chest wall metastases.
10 public playlist include this case
- O & G by Dr Davina Bates
- Gynae Viva by Betsy Dang
- ROHIT OBG by Doctor Rima Kumari
- P2 - Womens by Dr Sachintha Hapugoda ◉
- RadioP 2020 by Dr anthony trimboli ◉
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology by Dr Georgia Yeo ◉
- O&G 1 - Gynaecology by Dr Henry Zhao
- part 2 gyne by Dr Humberto Rodrigo Prochnow Tibau
- cases by Dr Sehrish
- UQ Radiology video tutorial: Womens: Ovarian cancer by Assoc Prof Craig Hacking ◉ ◈